- In a small saucepan, pour the water and wine; add the shallot, bayleaf, the drops of oil and lemon juice, and salt.
- Add the scallops and bring to simmer, cover with a lid, and let cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the scallops from the cooking liquid and strain them, but keep the cooking juice.
- In a frying pan, cook the sliced mushroom in the 2 spoons of olive oil, for about 5 minutes (medium-high heat, stirring often).
Prepare your 4 individual scallop dishes: display 3 slices of scallop in the bottom of each, put 5 shrimps on them, equally divide the mushrooms on top of them.
- In a medium saucepan melt the butter, medium flame, and pour the flour on it while stirring until well blended.
- Then start pouring a bit of the cooking juice and gently stir until it is incorporated; keep doing this way until the white sauce is ready (it must get thicker, but not too much; reckon 10 minutes). The quantity of liquid you have might be slightly too much, don't hesitate to leave some away.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg; finally add the cream.
- Pour the white sauce equally in each individual scallop dish.
- Sprinkle equally the breadcrumbs on each dish and put some grated cheese on.
- Put under oven grill until golden brown ( 10 minutes).